The importance of a thorough, fair and objective investigation is critical prior to formal hearing, and is reflected as such in the ACAS code of practice and guidance.
Our independent investigation service offers schools, academies and trusts an exceptional and thorough process of investigation, using ACAS trained investigators with first class knowledge of employment law, schools, governance and HR in general.
We undertake or support all types of investigations including disciplinary, grievance, and bullying and harassment.
There are many reasons why an external consultant may be asked by an employer to help with an investigation.
- Extensive HR experience & knowledge
- In-depth understanding of the legal framework
- A full understanding of what needs to be investigated and documented
- Cost saving - a well conducted investigation is highly relevant to avoiding or reducing the risk of an expensive employment tribunal
- Significantly reduces emotions and tensions in highly charged situations
What this service includes:
- On site visit to establish and confirm the terms of reference
- Review of documentation
- Interviews (face-to-face and/or telephone where appropriate)
- Written summary of interviews and sign-off
- Comprehensive investigation report
- Attendance at meetings/hearings to present findings as necessary
In some cases, it may be preferable for you to carry out your own internal investigation. In such cases, we can provide a helping hand or additional support for complex cases as you need. We can also provide mentoring to those who are new to such roles.